Help for Family Business United (FBU) Members
A dedicated support hub for FBU members whose family firms face financial pressure
#familybusiness #support #advice #mentalhealth
At PKF GM we help family business owners navigate periods of financial stress.
We have created this dedicated resource for FBU members who are feeling the financial strain and need support to help ensure the survival of your #familybusiness.
On this page you’ll find pragmatic actions you can take to help ensure the survival of your family business
- Warning Signs: How to identify the warning signs which may point to a cash crisis and threaten your business’s survival.
- Managing Cash Flow Pressure: What are your options to raise extra cash or make what you have go further?
- Restructuring and Insolvency Options: How you can protect your business and help it to survive.
- Lonelier than ever at the top: Life as a family business owner is lonely at the best of times. Managing mental wellbeing and seeking help and advice – personally and professionally- is really important.
We know the huge stress which cash flow problems can cause. The sooner you act to address them, the better the chance your business can be saved. Don’t leave it too late.
Trusted, experienced advisors
Contact our experts to find out how we can support your family business
If any of the below apply to your family business you should speak to a restructuring professional for advice on how you can prevent matters from escalating.
- Can’t pay wages/salaries. This is the acid test.
- Can’t afford to make redundancies.
- At your overdraft limit and your bank refuses to extend it.
- Key suppliers have placed you on “stop” until you reduce your debt with them.
- Receiving threatening letters from debt collectors/solicitors on behalf of creditors.
- Receiving County Court summons and judgements.
- Being threatened with statutory demands and/or a winding-up petition.
- Unable to pay the rent and Landlord threatening enforcement proceedings.
- HMRC pursuing outstanding taxes.
Fortunately, a huge amount of help and support is available. We’ve worked with many family business owners and their management teams over the years. Please contact us to discuss how we can help you.
News & Insights
Explore our insights for help with managing financial pressures and building resilience in your business.
Read More about Countering the rise of money laundering in the UK: Open Banking has some of the answers, but could we do more?
Read More about Help for Family Business United (FBU) Members
Read More about Insolvencies drop again but challenging times ahead
Insolvencies drop again but challenging times ahead
Despite almost a 50% drop in insolvencies, businesses facing challenging times ahead as Government support starts to waneRead more