About Services to Lenders and Investors
We provide fast, pragmatic advice to debt and equity providers in distressed scenarios.
Protecting your capital
We support funders at all stages of the funding cycle where financial distress is present.
Our approach has four central principles:
- We are agile and can respond quickly to any scenario
- We provide robust advice and pragmatic solutions rather than extraneous analysis
- We seek to agree a remit at the outset which is focussed and proportionate in terms of time and cost
- We strive for management buy-in and a consensual approach
This approach enables us to give you realistic, actionable recommendations which either resolve the problem so that the capital risk is reduced or extinguished, or deliver an optimal exit, such as a refinance or restructuring.
Oliver specialises in advising lenders and equity providers in distressed scenarios
Whether advising in relation to debt or equity exposure, our mandates typically include:
Pre-lend / investment
- Pre-lend / viability reviews
- Complementary funding options
- Alternative options review for businesses not meeting investor / funder criteria
Post-lend / investment
- Advice to management on fiduciary duties and obligations to stakeholders
- Resolution of shareholder / board disputes
- Cash flow management
Restructuring and Exit
- Restructuring and contingency planning options
- Accelerated M&A
- Formal insolvency appointments
- Corporate simplification
Our team combines advisory, transactional, insolvency and regulatory expertise. Our creditor-side credentials include:
- Extensive experience acting for clearing banks, including secondments to special situations / business support teams.
- Panel provider of advisory and restructuring services to multiple government agencies
- Acted for a wide range of Asset Based Lenders and Alternative Finance providers on both advisory and recovery mandates.
Guides & Updates
Explore our insights for help with managing financial pressures and building resilience in your business.
Cash flow pressures drives over 60% rise in insolvencies
Insolvency figures released today for October 2021 by the Government’s Insolvency Service show a 63% increase in corporate insolvencies compared […]Read more